A friend of mine is going through this situation right now.. He is deeply in love with a girl and they have been dating for quite some time. The girl is also deeply in love with the guy. The guy’s parents have no issues with the girl, but the girl’s parents are not agreeing to their alliance since the kundli’s dont match. Now the girl has moved to a different country and her parents refuse to speak about the guy or the relationship. For them it is a closed chapter. They have been warning the girl that if she takes any steps towards the guy, like marry against our wishes etc, then they will cut off all ties with her. The girl does not want to go against her parents, but at the same time does not want to lose the guy. In the mean time, the guys parents are now asking what happened with the girl’s parents? Have they approved or disapproved? If they have disapproved, do you want us to start looking for you? So far the guy has told them he will let them know. But it seems like his patience is losing. The girl is not willing to commit to him that in case her parents are still against this after some period she is willing to go against them. Obviously, the guy knows that he cant force her to be with him. The girl does not know when she is going to return back to the country, while her parents refuse to speak about this matter on the phone or email. The guy does not know how much longer he should wait for the girl. Should he even wait at all? He was asking me all this and I couldn’t answer anything, hence this post. I hope the girl and guy get to be together, but from what it appears the chances of that happening are very low.
Should he wait or not wait?
Published by Akshay
I am Akshay Varma, a Project Manager who likes writing, taking pictures, and listening to music. I am mainly work with projects in transition and onboarding of new client projects and business transformation. I like writing about current affairs and how they effect me, my personal life and anything and everything which comes to my mind. I like landscape and bird photography. Humans as photographic subject don't attract me :). This is a personal blog and thoughts written here are my own and do not reflect/ represent those of the organization(s) that I am with in professional or personal capacity. View all posts by Akshay
3 thoughts on “Should he wait or not wait?”
Hey !>Fishtales to AkshayV..good one…>i hope you guessed who this is?>Came here from gchat link….>>On the post,same thing happened with a friend of mine,he simply applied for an MS,left his cushy job here, and moved to the same country+city his chick was sent to…..both stay in the same apartment…the parents have now no comments to make 🙂
stale mate situation..either refer the above comment and do something drastic or chill and move on..thats my suggestion to the ladka and ladki
All depends on the couple. If they want it then it’s all good… to hell with the parents whims and fancies then.>>The guy ought to give the girl some space and time though. She must be in a very difficult situation, having to choose between her parents, who gave her her life, and the guy she loves.>>Just my $0.02.